DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passed Network Admin today!

Originally posted by psychofun
    I have it on my laptop with 128 of RAM. It runs slowly but not too bad. My Linux version runs way faster. I have a script that creates tables and inserts about 15,000 rows. Win2000 taken about 10 minutes. Linux takes about 30 seconds for the same SQL script.
    We are talking PT here! Is your linux running on the same laptop? How is unix kernel configured? Win2000 seem to perform better in MTS while Unix (providing it has enough resources) is better with dedicated server.

Well, I should not be talking about it I guess - I am not preparing for PT yet . I just want to pass Net8 with a decent mark. Please pray for me!
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

P/T huh! My logic tells me most things that accompany the microsoft label seem to have trouble with performance (HE HE HE). Too bad they're too damn user friendly! Although the Xbox seems to have no problems running for hours.

I don't think you will have any problems - judging from your other scores.

I hope you are right!

How is the market in CA? My last job was in SJ, CA. Would love to get back to California. I hate teh weather here...
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

Actually the future looks bright. I'm in Southern California, so its like a different state. We were not hit quite as hard as other places. Where are located now?

I am in Toronto. Used to work for Aspect in San Jose last year. Travel between SJ, Boston, Toronto and client sites.

I actually had a business partner called IMA in Orange County. In Irvine to be exact. It was while I was working for Lucent/Avaya Canada.
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

Exam study

Glad to hear you passed Pschodude.
    I'm planning on taking the Net Admin 8.0 test next week. I have studued couchman also. I agree you must not only study the right answers but why the others are wrong. It has been my experience especially on this last test P&T that STS was soo far off but a through knowledge of what the exam covers helps out big time.
    Also good to hear about the market picking up.
    good luck on your next one

I'll be done with my 8.0 track after the Net admin exam.

dan

Good luck! I do think STS is a good resource - but it is an incomplete one. Many people go into their first test thinking it might be enough because so many people recommend STS, but the questions are more of an overview. For those who are experienced STS might be enough, but for others they may need other resources.

I am not that experienced, but I only used ILT books and STS. I did not have BFQ at that point of time. And I did very well.

Dan!

Just curious when is your Net8 exam? Mine is on Jan 30th.
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

What is your opinion on the sequence of taking the exams...after exam 1. Some say you should leave AA for last. Is it a good idea to do it in this sequence: Exam 1, 4, 5, 2, 3 ? Is there anything in the content of exams 2, 3 that would make taking 4,5 earlier harder ? In other words, are 2, 3 prereq's to 4,5 ?

In my opinion you should take AA second because it provides a base for the remaining material. You have to know how all the parts interact before you try to manage them. Does this make any sense? The other three really do not matter. This is only my opinion - the best way is what works best for you.