DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with Rman job scheduling

I am sorry I really don't have any scripts for Rman set up. For RMAN set up you can take a look at the article in http://technet.oracle.com. Doc ID:104798.1. go to the web site --->training&support---->metalink---->forums--->advance search----->select Doc ID---->type in 104798.1

I am sorry I really don't have any scripts for RMAN set up. For information on how to set up RMAN go to http://technet.oracle.com --->metalink--->advance search--->check Doc ID----> type in 104798.1

Originally posted by joyce_ank
    Tang

I'd like to use RMAN. Could you please send me any scripts you have including suggestions on how you went about setting it up.

Oracle 8.1.7 Win2K Advanced server, WinNT.

Thanks

Joyce,

Refer to the directory location demo for scripts and that was more methodiced one. If you don't undestand any scripts there, feel free to post your questions on a new thread.

Also I would suggest you to go through the follwing URL which explains on how to work on with RMAN http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/...a76990/toc.htm

Have fun.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Hi there,

I read the documents a couple of times as Sam recommanded. I have a couple of questions. Firstly I am confused about the even of the back up failure. Is that mean that I should include Not backed up since time ‘sysdate-1’ in my backup script? For example:
    startup force dba;
    shutdown immediate;
    startup mount;
    backup incremental level 0 database filesperset 4;
    not backed up since ‘sysdate-1’;
    alter database open;

Secondly If I am going to back up data to tape, do I have to use third party software such as Veritas? Are there any other way that I can back up data to tape directly? Any clues?

Thanks to Sam and anybody who are willing to help.

Oracle 8.1.7.2
    I am also trying to create the cmdfile for Rman like you, i named it rman.cmd when I double click on it or try to run it from command line nothing happens it just keeps running the statement over and over again and the screen gets blurry. But when I type the same command(from the cmd file) it runs perfectly, am I doing something wrong the way I am running the cmd program.

Thanx a lot in advance
    KN

Normally when you say Level0, it will check the catalog repository and back the database fully. If you have already done a backup, the present backup would be from the last level0 to the latest point of start. http://technet.oracle.com/docs/produ...onc.htm#436081

Comming to look into Knarayana's problem, could you please post your proceedures you followed in step by step form.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

1.create a file in notepad similar to :
    run {allocate channel c1 type disk;
    backup database
    tag ='rman_offline_backup'
    format '\oracle\orabkup\tech\rmbkup\db_t%t_s%s_p%p'
    (database);
    backup current controlfile
    create a file in notepad that similar to :
    tag='tech_contrlfile';
    backup archivelog all delete input;
    release channel c1;
    sql 'alter database open';}
    save this file with rman extension xxxxx.rman.

2.create another file in notepad similar to:
    connect system/password@connectstringtotargetdabase as sysdba
    shutdown immediate
    startup mount
    exit;
    save this file with the sql extension xxxxx.sql
    this file shutdown the target database and restart the instance in mount mode

3.again in notepad create the command file that connects to target database and recovery catalog and runs the two files above. Code similar to
    sqlplus/nolog @xxxxx.sql(file created in the second step)
    rman rcvcat rmanuser/rmanuserpwd@connectstringtorecoverycatalog target dbusername/password @ connectstringtotargetdatabase cmdfile = xxxxx.rman(file created in the first step)
    save this file with the batch file extension xxxxx.bat

4. double click the file created in the step 3, it will do all the job for you. You can also schedule the job to be done at anytime using the windows ‘at’ command. I hope this helps.

I want to schedule a full online backup everyday, here's what I have:
    This is the backup script(cmdfile) created as a txt file for Rman to run:
    run {
    allocate channel t1 type disk;
    set maxcorrupt for datafile 1,2,3,5,6,7,8 to 0;
    backup
    FULL
    tag FULL_DEV4
    format 'c:\mnt\ora_backup\DEV4\df_t%t_s%s_p%p'
    database;
    copy current controlfile to 'c:\mnt\ora_backup\dev4\CONTROL_t%t.ctl';
    sql 'alter system archive log current';
    backup
    format 'c:\mnt\ora_backup\dev4\al_t%t_s%s_p%p'
    (archivelog all delete input);
    release channel t1;
    }
    and this is the command which works perfectly from dos prompt but when I run it as a rman.cmd or rman.bat file doesn't work:
    rman nocatalog target sys/change_on_install @c:\mnt\ora_backup\scripts\bkpdev4.txt log=c:\mnt\ora_backup\scripts\bkpdev4.log

I have no clue why it doesn't run as a bat file or when I schedule it from the schedule task manager.

Please help!!

KN