DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Error in loading component installation..

Oracle version: 8.1.6.x
    Problem description:
    I'm currently JDBC 1.1. When I went to install JDBC 1.2, it gave me this error. Has anyone seen this error before. If yes, please reply the solution. I really appreciate it.

+++++++++++++++

Error in loading component installation..
    Exception java.lang.NullPointerException occurred..
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
    oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwPostDepModesWCCE.doOperation(OiifwPostDepModesWCCE.java:313)

at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:140)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicDepWizEngine.doOperation(OiicDepWizEngine.java:339)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:140)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:510)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:110)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbLinearIterator.iterate(OiifbLinearIterator.java:116)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:306)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:467)

Trina, are you able to get the Installer to run properly or not ?

If you are not able to run the Installer properly, that's easy, you probably don't have your DISPLAY set, do it this way in UNIX:

DISPLAY=your client's IP address
    export DISPLAY

then execute ./runInstaller

If you are able to run it properly, but get this error during the install process, then you may be experiencing one of may OUI "unwanted" features. Please refer to Metalink, they have many many threads related to installs. Be careful not to delete any files in the /oracle/oraInventory folder, if the Oracle inventory is out of sync, you will have to either get a back up of that Inventory dir. and then try to re-install the patchset, or re-install everything again.

Good Luck.