DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated

Hi, people,
    I have a (simple or not so simple) problem with some application that performs constantly insertions and updates on an Oracle 8.0.4 DB, concretely it deals constantly with titles of words. This error has started to appear from time to time, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with words containing
    '
    because some tests with them were negative. So, I'd like to know about another possible characters that, placed in a varchar value for some insertion, might produce the same error. Do you know about some?
    Tnx to everybody,
    Frannie
    Francisco José García Román

hi can u send accross the code,

u will get the error when u r using a string
    (eg) '23-SEP-2002'
    if u want to replace ' use CHR(39)

aim correct?
    thnx,
    Cheers!
    OraKid.

Hi,
    well, it cannot be like this, because there is some method implemented that precisely replaces ' appearing by the char. So I thought about another possible evil combinations, I remember for example in SQL Server through ODBC, I think, if you included a comma in a char value there was a problem with it.
    Tnx

You may be getting a problem when a & is inserted. ~I dont if possible buit at the moment we are trying to get around the ' and & insert problem aswell... did you use oracle functions for the replace or something else..

Maybe you're right, pauliemacc, the application remains hanged when using the feature passing some value containing "&" as the parameter... :-(

Tnx a lot