DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Netg Software - anyone know about it?

Angry

Has anyone used it or know anyone that has? I would appreciate feedback regarding this study software. Also, does anyone know anything about the "OCP Student Guide" that is given out to students by Oracle? How can a person get one or some?

I tried NetG - it was so-so for SQL, did not like it form A&A. The only reason I used it was that it came with ILT, I would not recommend to buy it to anyine.

Not sure what "OCP Student Guide" is, I assume those are the books that are given once one takes Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
    Leo
    Oracle 8i OCP DBA
    Toronto, Canada

I have the NetG material. I looked through a couple of sections. It is more of an overview. To me it is too slow and not enough in-depth. If you have it by all means use it but you absolutely cannot rely on NetG to pass any exam. I have passed 3 tests so far by these means (in order): 1.Couchman text, 2.STS, 3.BFQ. Hope this helps!

Originally posted by psychofun
    I have the NetG material. I looked through a couple of sections. It is more of an overview. To me it is too slow and not enough in-depth. If you have it by all means use it but you absolutely cannot rely on NetG to pass any exam. I have passed 3 tests so far by these means (in order): 1.Couchman text, 2.STS, 3.BFQ. Hope this helps!
    Hi psychofun,
    What is Couchman and BFQ?

Thanks,
    Randy

Couchman is the author of the DBA Certification Exam Guide by Oracle Press. He has another book with strictly questions and answers, which comes with an interactive CDROM. On the CDROM are the same questions that are in the text and they are put together by BFQ (Beach Front Quizzer). These questions are actually more difficult than STS. You get about 200 for each exam. I hope this clears it up!

Lightbulb

Originally posted by psychofun
    Couchman is the author of the DBA Certification Exam Guide by Oracle Press. He has another book with strictly questions and answers, which comes with an interactive CDROM. On the CDROM are the same questions that are in the text and they are put together by BFQ (Beach Front Quizzer). These questions are actually more difficult than STS. You get about 200 for each exam. I hope this clears it up!
    Sure does, thanks for the info!!