DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to use export on Snapshot

Hello friends
    Can any one tell me how to take export on Snapshot schemas.What iam assuming is if in case there is a failure in replication and it is required to create the replication again.How to take care of the data on the Updateable Snapshots so that the changes on the snapshot site can be imported into Master site and create the Snapshot again.
    regards
    akhadar

But wouldn't the Master snapshot tables be up to date already. If there was a problem with a replicated snapshot. I'd just drop the snapshot and recreated it from the master. If there is an issue with the master tables, it'd be handled by and incomplete/complete recovery of the master table's database.

Cheers,
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

Thank u johnson
    The problem is i dont have a good network and i configured my Replication with a duration of one week so the snapshots can be updated manually through dialup.In this week period if some thing happen at snapshot site what will happen to the data i.e, updated things.
    Any idea!!
    regard
    akhadar

restore from master site

If there is any problem at the snapshot site you can always restore it from the master site or be sure to regularly refreshing the snapshot site.
    Since the master snapshot would be upto data so you can restore from it.

cheese
    anandkl
    anandkl