DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCP Developer Exams

Arrow

I'm pursuing an OCP Developer certification. I already have one test under my belt but am starting to wonder about some of the other tests. I noticed that for the Application Developer track (5 exams) the Forms 1 and Forms 2 exams look VERY similiar to the Internet Application Developer track (4 exams) Internet App 1 and Internet App 2. Are they exactly the same? If not how are they different? I hope someone can answer this for me.

Thanx,
    Samantha

The difference is small, the Internet Application Developer tests you on Oracle Forms Rel. 6/6i while the Application Developer Release 2 will test you on Forms 5. I suggest you take the 6i track but it is you who makes the final decision. With 6i you don't have to be tested on Reports.

Thanx Julian for answering my question.

One more question....I have a book that covers the two exams that deal with Dev. 2k I noticed that the book that covers the 2 exams that are on 6i is pretty much the same. Should I by the newer book or should it be ok to use the older one to study for the 6i exams.

Use OCP Building Internet Applications I and II Exam Guide by Christopher Allen if you are working on Dev 6i.

Good luck.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

Originally posted by dknight
    Use OCP Building Internet Applications I and II Exam Guide by Christopher Allen if you are working on Dev 6i.

Good luck.
    That's a very good book!

I checked that book out and it seems like its pretty much EXACTLY the same as the Application Developer Exam Guide that I have already but the one I have covers Dev2k. Should I really go and buy another book if it's pretty much the same (all the questions and exercises are exactly the same the only difference is that they leave out a few sections in the newer book).

Well, then there is no need to buy it, right?

The old OCP Developer book (if it is written by Jason Couchman) is great for preparation for the PL/SQL programming units test and the SQL-PL/SQL test.

If you get the 6i cert, its lifespan is a bit longer than the old cert, you pay for one less test at $125 less discount and pay $49.99 less discount for the book.

If your company pays for tests and materials, the money is a wash, but one less exam is a great selling point for the 6i cert.

By the way, PL/SQL prog units is a challenging test.

Good luck.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

By the way, PL/SQL prog units is a challenging test.
    Yes, it is! Did you pass it?

I passed PL/SQL programming units in August, 2000 just b4 becoming a DBA full time.

In my opinion, more PL/SQL knowledge for a DBA is much better. It saves me a lot of work.

David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g