DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Import Error - Invalid next Storage

Hi there,

I have created a clone database for testing purposes, however when I try to import my production data I am getting the following error.

ORA-02219 Invalid next storage option value.

When I exported production I used the parameter compress = y
    I believe that my problem is due to fragmentation of the tablespace.
    The whole USER_DATA tablespace is empty, however the fragmentation is 80%

I dropped the tablespace and OS deleted the datafiles, and recreated them however each time I add a datafile the frag% goes up.
    The datafiles are 11Gb in total using 6 files – this is plenty for out needs.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to get round my import problem.
    I have attempted to coalesce the tablespace but the % stays the same (even though the datafiles are completely empty).

Many thanks

Alison

Could this have anything to do with PCT INCREASE value on one of you tables?

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

Could do PCT INCREASE on that table is 50, not sure how to get round that though, as it is exported?

Sorry, just thinking...

Why would the tablespace become fragmented as I add the datafiles, even before I start the full import (the database was created from scratch) the %frag is 80%.

Any ideas

Lightbulb

Can't you do 2 imports, one with rows=n just to get your structures in place. This way you can alter all the tables with PCT increase set at 50%, then import your data once that is corrected. From my experience here no table should have a 50% increase.

MH

Cool

If you create the tables with the primary keys before you do the import, and without foreign keys, then do an import ignore=y you will be able to specify new storage parameters on the tables and the import will ignore the sizing of the tables. I would also suggest locally managed tablespaces. uniform extent sizes would be good for a test system.

Hi there,

Thank you all for your replies,

I tried to create the table using SQL however I still get the error
    ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace USER_DATA

The values are as follows:
    INITIAL 2147483646 NEXT 2866839552 MINEXTENTS 1

I understand that this is a huge INITIAL due to the compress = y parameter.

My question still is though, why does adding datafiles to an empty tablespace fragment it, if this didn't happen I could create the table first (before anything else) and them run the import as usual - this is by far my largest table with over a million rows.

Cheers

A

Originally posted by gandolf989
    If you create the tables with the primary keys before you do the import, and without foreign keys, then do an import ignore=y you will be able to specify new storage parameters on the tables and the import will ignore the sizing of the tables. I would also suggest locally managed tablespaces. uniform extent sizes would be good for a test system.
    I'm spoiled, most of out DB's do not use RI (referential integrity) So constraints are really never an issue.

MH