DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: USER PROFILE

can someone give me some advise about this profile below ???

CREATE PROFILE EVERYONE
    LIMIT SESSIONS_PER_USER 4
    CPU_PER_SESSION DEFAULT
    CPU_PER_CALL 90000
    CONNECT_TIME DEFAULT
    IDLE_TIME UNLIMITED
    LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION DEFAULT
    LOGICAL_READS_PER_CALL 500000
    COMPOSITE_LIMIT DEFAULT
    PRIVATE_SGA DEFAULT
    FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS DEFAULT
    PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME DEFAULT
    PASSWORD_REUSE_TIME DEFAULT
    PASSWORD_REUSE_MAX DEFAULT
    PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME DEFAULT
    PASSWORD_GRACE_TIME DEFAULT
    PASSWORD_VERIFY_FUNCTION DEFAULT
    /

What I am trying to do here is to limit the resource per user. I have been having a lot of problem with the server b/c the user do the DML ,it max out my CPU.

Please make suggestion

If a user has the EVERYONE profile, (s)he, besides the defaults values, can open concurrently at most 4 sessions, can use at most 900seconds of CPU time per individual operation and can execute at most 500000 I/O block reads in a session.

Julian,

Thanks so much for your reply,

What would you suggest to bring down the CPU usage per session, the reason I say this b/c every time he or she have a active process running (DML) , it will peak up my memory. I want to control this and allow him to use certain amount of CPU so he doesn't use up all the CPU

Please advise
    Thanks

You can set the resource limit CPU_PER_SESSION. It defines the CPU time in 1/100th of a second that a session can use.

Remember that if you change CPU_PER_SESSION from UNLIMITTED for the DEFAULT profiles, then CPU_PER_SESSION for any other profile not excplicitely set will be affected. Thus, in that case you will have to set a value for CPU_PER_SESSION for the other profiles.

It is a bit tricky with playing with such resource limits. Your Production enviroment business logic may be hurt badly. Test if possible in your test env these changes a bit before you apply them to production.