DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: about to store millseconds ..

I altered my system with this set Command.. Now Can I unset my system ...

Originally posted by jmodic
    True, this event enables you to store timestamp dataype values and use timestamp related functions inside 8i, but don't be fooled by this semi-feature! For example, it alows you to use SYSTIMESTAMP as Julian has pointed out, but make some tests with SYSTIMESTAMP inserts and see what fractional seconds are realy stored! Definitely not something that has anything to do with miliseconds or system clock! :(

Actually you haven't altered your system, you have altered your session. Remeber the command being "alter session set events ..."? So this event is set only inside your session and only for the duration of your session. As soon as you close your session the event is not in effect any more.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

Thats ok..As i need to handle the same for multiple sessions i used the same command for alter system. Its working fine and as i am using this feature in order by clause... thats solving my problem.. But now i want unset this to my system..??

Originally posted by jmodic
    Actually you haven't altered your system, you have altered your session. Remeber the command being "alter session set events ..."? So this event is set only inside your session and only for the duration of your session. As soon as you close your session the event is not in effect any more.