i'm facing a problem in creating a workarea through Repository Object Navigator.
When I try to open Repository Object Navigator, it is giving following errors:
1. ORA-04068:"existing state of packages has been discarded"
Cause: One of errors 4060 - 4067 when attempt to execute a stored
Action: Try again after proper re-initialization of any application's
2. ORA-04063,package body CDAPI has errors"
Cause: Attempt to execute a stored procedure or use a view that has
errors. For stored procedures, the problem could be syntax errors
or references to other, non-existent procedures. For views,
the problem could be a reference in the view's defining query to
a non-existent table.
Action: Fix the errors and/or create referenced objects as necessary.
3. ORA-06508: "PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called"
4. ORA-06512: at line 1
Cause: Backtrace message as the stack is unwound by unhandled
Action: Fix the problem causing the exception or write an exception
handler for this condition. Or you may need to contact your
application administrator or DBA.
5. RME-02124: Failed to execute SQL statement: begin :stacksize := cdapi.stacksize; if cdapi.stacksize > 0 then cdapi.pop_message(:fac,:code,:P0,:P1,:P2,:P3,:P4,:P5,:P6,:P7); end if; end;
Cause : An error occurred while executing a SQL statement.
Action : Examine reported errors for specific details.
Can anyone suggest the solutions?
I've seen something similar where the repository owner is missing certain privileges. Try this:
- Use the RAU to recompile all objects.
- Log on as the repository owner in SQL*Plus and check for invalid objects. If there are some left manually recompile them using:
ALTER PACKAGE ??? COMPILE;
ALTER PACKAGE ??? COMPILE BODY;
ALTER VIEW ??? COMPILE;
If any fail check why using SHOW ERRORS.
Often packages fail compilation due to object privileges. A common one is tha the repository owner does not have execute permisions on SYS.DBMA_LOCK.
- Grant any missing privileges.
- Recompile invalid objects.
- Try RON again.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width