DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: max out CPU

anyone has ideas of how to check the processes on windows???

Hi
    Check out Oracle for Windows NT Performance Monitor, add a new log setting for all the Oracle Threads, as in NT there will be only one process Oracle.exe and the oracle processes which are seen in Unix are actually threads under Oracle Process, you will find them numbered, select all of them and monitor it for some time (settings are available) for that. stop if u want and analyse them using the System Monitor- click on View log file.
    HTH
    -dharma

dharma,

When you say Win NT performance monitor, did you mean Windows Task Manager? Can you give more detailed steps?
    New to SA, really appreicate your help!

AHHHHRRRGGGHHH!!

The post that would not die!!

I've been thinking about this post for a little while and here is my question since this is now on it's third day.
    Mike, please, PLEASE tell me you have re-booted this server in the past three days.
    Have you?

MH

I remember when this place was cool.

I have but it doesn't help

Please don't be upset and frustrated, we try to understand our problem Mr Hanky

Wink

Originally posted by mike73
    I have but it doesn't help

Please don't be upset and frustrated, we try to understand our problem Mr Hanky

I'm not upset or frustrated, if you told me that this has gone on for three days and you did not try a re-boot I'd be upset, that may be an understatement.

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

elaine,
    if u are using 8i, it's found under "database administration" menu in program files.(where u find dba studio etc) if u dont find it there, u have not installed it.
    HTH.
    -dharma