DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: import/export with diff tablespaces

I am exporting data from one db with tablespace name LIMS_TEST. I want to import this data to another db with tablespace name PRDLIMS. When performing the import I am receiving an error on a handful of tables saying that it cannot create that table because the LIMS_TEST tablespace does not exist. Any ideas?

If you pre-build your tables before the import of the data you should be fine. If they are not built the import is trying to build them based on the export. Set ignore=y and prebuild the tables.

You can do an import with options fromuser=XX touser=XXX and for this user do his default tablespace the tablespace PRDLIMS.

But probably you will have the same problem with indexes.

Other option is do the import with show=yes. This will generate the creation scripts, and then you will be able to change the tablespace with replace.

Hope that helps

Angel

In the database where you are importing, create the tables that you want to import in the tablespace PRDLIMS. Then perform the import with the option to ignore the create errors.
    When you create the tables, leave off the constraints and indexes until you have completed the import. It will load faster that way.
    Tommy
    Senior Oracle Consultant
    Datapoint Consulting, Inc.

This may be a stupid question, but here it goes anyway. I have pre-built the tables.....how do I do the import and only import the data without re-creating the tables?

Just use Ignore=Y in the import parfile.

Sanjay