DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job opening for oracle DBA?

Hi guys,

do you all know, when, you all search or view for job opening, how's the job opening for oracle dba?

It's seems to me, there's more job opening for SQL DBA,compare with oracle DBA?

There's that mean, more companies using MS SQL compare with oracle?

pls, give me some feedback on this thread....

Thanks........and have a great day ahead.

MCSE,MCDBA,MCSD,CCNA,CCDA,CCSA,CCSE, MCSA, SCSA, OCP

not in spain, if there are 50 dba jobs probably one asks for sql server
    but anyway there are very few true dba jobs nowdays

Oracle, Sybase, and DB2 are popular in Germany. SQLServer is not in high demand.

Where are you located Mr. Wong?
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

Hi guys,

i am from singapore. Thanks for letting me know,what's the feedback from differenet countries.

In my country, there's more opening for oracle DBA compare with SQL DBA.

Somehow,i seldom see, few opening for SQL DBA in my country.

From,what i found out from those job search, in america, there's more opening for SQL DBA compare with oracle DBA, anyone from the states can verify it?

I do quite number of job search in those states website, and found out, there's more opening for SQL DBA, if you all dun believe, you all can try it on any site, which open to all the states in america.

For your information, i gather, my frenz from taiwan told me, there's more MS SQL, DB2 for their big local company, coz, they are all IBM lovers. Only international firm use oracle.

Okie, more feedback are welcome.

Do, have a great day at work.

See ya!!!

In the US, it depends on location. Some areas of the country are more into one RDBMS than the others, and even within those areas some cities are more heavily into one over another. Cities that have a lot of big insurance companies tend to have more DB2, the financial industry tends to use Oracle more, and still other others rely on SQL Server. Right now, I think the job market is slow, regardless.

Singapore(Asia)-WebCentre business company
    daniel,
    u are asking silly qns again...why do u bother if they are using SQL or Oracle? there are always demand for diff varieties...try asking Ethiopia/Sudan if they use SQL or Oracle?
    ngwh,
    Singapore.

Another silly remark....

why, i bother, coz, i want to know, that's my subject is all about, if nobody bother, why ppl give feedback, and most important thing, why you bother to reply. Ha, let me caught you..........you see, ngwah, pls dun always act like a smart alex telling ppl, what to do. And you think is right.

What you mean, always in demand, let me ask you, which dba positions is more demand in singapore? Simple , oracle dba, this is what i wish to know ,from different countries.

I really dun understand, why you keep acting like one.

No choice, i think i have to follow closely on your thread. And make you ashame of yourself, until, you know how to respect others.

I will do that to you. If you dun respect others, why should i give you face.

I am on you man.

Singapore(Asia)-WebCentre business company
    daniel,

Ah Hah!! gotcha!! u must be equally a fool to join in my thread...what a silly move!! catch me if u can!
    ngwh,
    Singapore.

Guys, personally I think Oracle is probably the BEST database out there however, just recently, I notice more and more companies are choosing to go with SQL Servers. Maybe it's about time they should reconsider their pricing/fees strategy. Just to be fair, SQL Server 2000 is much better than its previous versions. Looking back at what Microsoft did to WordPerfect and PowerBuilder, I just don't want to see Oracle to be one of them. Any thoughts??

Benchmarks

People often prefer what they know. I was always convinced that Oracle was way ahead of the other RDBMS' until I started to use them. Now I'm not so convinced. The majority of database applications are simple and small. For these Oracle is not necessarily the perfect choice. For bigger and more complex systems Oracle starts to shine. Have a look at this thread, but don't take it too seriously:

http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=19856

There aren't that many straight SQL Server DBA jobs in the UK. Alot of that is because it's so easy to configure and use SQL Server that many companies get the disks and find they can cope without a trained DBA. You see more DBA/Developer roles for SQL Server. Oracle and DB2 must learn from this.

Yes, Oracle9i is easier to configure and maintain that Oracle8i, but it's no SQL Server

Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog