DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: recovery one table from backup

Hi all,

Oracle 8.0.6.1/NT4.0-sp6a.

How can I recover 1 table from backup datafile. I have cold backup from last Sat. I don't think I can recover that table only if I cloned my production database (using cold backup from last Sat.) in test server than exporting that table and importing back to my production database. Is that right? Is there other way to recover this table? Some advise, please.

Thanks,

Elin@trend

No ways ...
    Best wishes!
    Dmitri

If I export from my test server (recreated from Sat. cold backup) and import back to my production database, I lost about 2-3 days data, right? If export/import is feasable, I don't care how much data lost and they need to re-entry all of them again. I guess this is the only way I can recover this table (incomplete recovery)???
    Thanks
    Elin@trend

If you are not worried about the lost data you can do a export from restored cold backup and import it back to the production db.

Good Luck
    Sanjay

Once I had the same problem:
    one of our developers droped table. (DB in noarchivelog mode)
    So I created clone DB and made an export of 1 table, then import.

Originally posted by elintrend
    If I export from my test server (recreated from Sat. cold backup) and import back to my production database, I lost about 2-3 days data, right? If export/import is feasable, I don't care how much data lost and they need to re-entry all of them again. I guess this is the only way I can recover this table (incomplete recovery)???
    Thanks
    Best wishes!
    Dmitri