DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Configuring Oracle Fail safe

I've posted a similar question to this forum. Would like to know if anyone has actually configured Oracle Fail Safe on a microsoft clustered server. All the white papers I've read talk a lot about terminology architecture etc but I still haven't come across a step-by-step procedure. If anyone has a little document about this I'd be grateful if this could be sent to me.
    OFS needs to be configured before we can install our database - I don't want to risk losing my job!.

Any help will be appreciated.

Joyce

When you install Fail Safe software, its full documentation gets installed automaticaly. In "Oracle Fail Safe Installation Guide" and "Oracle Fail Safe Concepts and Administration Guide" you'll find detailed step-by-step instruction on how to configure it. If you want to check the documentation before you actualy install the software, you can find it on Technet: http://otn.oracle.com/docs/tech/wind...e/content.html
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

Thanks Jmodic will give it a shot.

J

Oracle Fail Safe

If you have an Oracle Fail Safe CD, browse the documentation. You will find the step by step installtion.
    If not, you can also get the information from Metalink.
    I am also setting up Fail Safe on Win2K cluster server and found documentation on Oracle Fail Safe 3.1.1 CD.
    You can contact me at mbcheema@cmsenergy.com if have any questions.

Bader Cheema