Hi

I am learning OF 11i on my own, and obtained 30 day trial CDs.
I installed Vision Demo env. of 11i on Windows 2000 server configured as a domain controller.
After several attempts the installation finally went through. I did the post installation steps until the installation
of JInitiator correctly. For Jinitiator it asked to launch the personal home page by logging into Oracle Applications signon screen. How do I get this screen to show on my desktop? Since I couldn't
get this to work, I launched the Jinitiator from its executable in the respective directory, it installed.
Then I rebooted the machine. Manually ran the APPSORA.cmd. Launched IE and typed the address
htttp://.: I expected the personal home page of OF applications to show.
Ie finds the site, but says something like opening page .. connecting to site .. downloading from
site:res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll\dnserror.htm and hangs forever. Is it a Jnitiator related error ormy network settings are not right. I am not connected to the network even though I have a network card
If there is an answer to this problem on metalink, please copy paste it in your replies as I cannot access
that site during my 30 day trial. Please help!