Is there a way for a Non-DBA role user to see who does have DBA role access?
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is there a way for a Non-DBA role user to see who does have DBA role access?

Question

Hello all.

I have been told that I have DBA role access to an Oracle 8.1.7 instance. However, when I log in to the instance, it does not appear that I have DBA role. (I get "insufficient privileges" errors when I try to create procs and triggers. Also, I get "table not found" when trying to view the DBA_ROLES, DBA-ROLE_PRIVS, etc. tables).

Assuming I am still just a user on the instance, is there a way to tell who does have DBA access? It's Saturday, and I want to verify that I don't have DBA role access before I start calling folks on the weekend.

Thanks to all in advance!

Joe B.

To find out what roles you have you can do a select from USER_ROLE_PRIVS

Don't be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

Thanks br - could I have just a little more help?

Thanks for the info br.

I see that my userid is defined twice in USER_ROLE_PRIVS, once as DBA and once as CONNECT. The CONNECT entry is set as the default. How do I set my role in a session to the DBA role? I really need to get the default changed, but I guess someone with SYS access will have to do that for me.

Thanks again!!

Joe B.

in sql*plus

set role DBA

however.... if this role is password protected then you would need to know the password, once set the role you could do

alter user XXX default role DBA

for your future sessions