DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Merry Christmas Everybody!!!

Ho! Ho! Ho! Only one exam to go. Finally took the PT Test Drive and passed with 87%. The questions look easy but you can easily misread them. I used Sybex, Examcram and an ILT book along with STS and further discussions from this forum.

Congrats!

What's left?

Originally posted by Rookie
    Ho! Ho! Ho! Only one exam to go. Finally took the PT Test Drive and passed with 87%. The questions look easy but you can easily misread them. I used Sybex, Examcram and an ILT book along with STS and further discussions from this forum.
    Merry X-mas to you too. BTW How long did it take to study all that stuff for 1 test?

Talking

I have only SQL left. I began writing my exams in April for the DBA8 track. So I am almost finished and then I plan to write the 8i upgrade exam before getting out and looking for work. I studied PT for 2 months off and on. Most of the time I took 1 - 1 1/2 months. Sql is the only exam I have not passed. I missed by 1 question and it was when I really didn't understand Oracle at all. I suggest to anyone taking Oracle to not do an Oracle DBA track but to do a developer track or something else if you now want to get a job.
    At least thats what I am feeling. I wish I was wrong but things do not look good. But hey at least I learned something and not every Microsoft person understands Oracle.

Developer track

{{ I suggest to anyone taking Oracle to not do an Oracle DBA track but to do a developer track or something else if you now want to get a job. }}}

Did you take my advice, or did you figure that out on your own?
    Is everyone now going to go the developer track now, because there seem to be more opportunities?

Re: Developer track

Originally posted by NickL
    {{ I suggest to anyone taking Oracle to not do an Oracle DBA track but to do a developer track or something else if you now want to get a job. }}}
    What is something else? The DBO track :-)

And to get a developer's job, you don't really have to be Oracle Certified Professional. Most of the Oracle developers I have worked with do not even know the existance of such a certification.

Hi,

I don't see any demand for Oracle Developer, the market for Oracle Developer is totally depend on demand for Oracle ERPs. From past few years I have noticed that many companies have stopped developing applications using Developer. They have moved to VB or Java!!!

As there is no demand what u'll gain by doing OCP!!! Except spending few $$$

Regards,

Shanker

Angry Oracle layoffs

Hey guess what Oracle just layed off 850 workers. I hope that doesn't mean they want more money for exams etc.