Import errror from 817 to 805
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Import errror from 817 to 805

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH, USA
    Posts
    378

    Unhappy

    having problems and I need some help.
    thanks.

    *note: used "exp80" and "imp80" of the 805 DB to get the data

    from: 817 on NT
    to: 805 on UNIX

    my export log:
    Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.2.1 - Production
    With the Partitioning option
    JServer Release 8.1.7.2.1 - Production
    Export done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set


    my import ERROR log:
    D:\oracle\ora81\bin>imp80 system/manager@psiqa2 parfile=c:\temp\spools\psiqa2_admin.par

    Import: Release 8.0.4.0.0 - Production on Mon Dec 24 11:55:59 2001

    (c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

    Connected to: Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
    PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production

    IMP-00037: Character set marker unknown
    IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully


    so, do I need to do a DIFFERENT export?
    setting the nls_lang?
    I am not too familiar with how to do this.

    Please help me and let me know what I need to do.

    - Magnus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    45
    Magnus:

    If you have access to oracle's metalink here is a good article to read. I think what you are experiencing can be resolved by this article. It could also be that your export file may be corrupted if it was ftp'd.


    Doc ID: Note:132904.1
    Subject: Compatibility Matrix for Export & Import Between Different Oracle Versions
    Type: BULLETIN
    Status: PUBLISHED
    Content Type: TEXT/PLAIN
    Creation Date: 19-JAN-2001
    Last Revision Date: 31-AUG-2001


    PURPOSE
    -------

    This article describes several issues related with the compatibility of the
    different versions of the Oracle EXPORT and IMPORT utilities.


    Hope this helps.

    may$e

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    391
    seem like you have th version conflict. you must use Oracle 8.05 export to export the 8.1.7 and you should be fine


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH, USA
    Posts
    378

    Talking found a solution


    as noted in my 1st post, I had exported using the 805 utility (exp80).

    anyways, instead of using command-line to import the data, I decided to try the GUI (Data Manager). This actually worked and loaded all the tables and rows. Strange ...

    Well, that was my semi-solution ...

    However, I never FTP'd the export over to the Unix box. I was attempting to import the file remotely from an NT workstation. That's probably where I went wrong ...

    - Magnus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width