DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing 11i application modules over 9iAS

Hello all.

I need some basic information about the installation of application over 9iAS. It may sound trivial but I would appreciate ur help.

The scenario is that on 1st tier I have a 9i Database (fully functional). On the 2nd tier I have 9iAS (1.0.2.2.2) installed with Portal Discoverer and OEM configured.

1) I now want to install some modules like GL, HR etc on 2nd tier and want 9iAS to act as its server.

I have experience with prior installation of 11i (11.5.4) but in that case it was a straight install that installed Database, Application server and the Application in one go. Now the situation is differ. I already have database and IAS.

2) Could some one give me a detailed information so that I have a better understanding of how these components work?

3) Please let me know if u have come across any document that might be help ful.

4) Does some one know what CD number of pack of CDs of 11i should I install now?

Thanks in advance.

Prakash.

Talking

To save your time , get back to Oracle support to see if this operation is available from the begining or not.

Good Luck
    Hisham Nagia
    IT Manager For Development
    Oracle Consultant - OCP