DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: PERFMON utility on NT

Hi guys,

We are on Oracle 8.0.5 on NT 4.

What is the exact use of perfmon utility of NT and how can I use it for performance monitoring of Oracle Database.

I have never found it very useful and much enjoying.

It would be great if someone is really making out of this utility and tell me also something.

Thanks in Adv.
    Sam
    ------------------------
    To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart

Duplicate posting across multiple Threads

Please kindly refrain from posting the same question across multiple threads.

http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=19194

I have personally not used that utility. I might be able to help you out if you say where you are having the problems on undestanding. Since explaing in detail about the utility functionality would be out of reach on this thread.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Hi Sam,

I am sorry for duplicate thread but I thought I mixed two different subjects in the first one so posted a new.

Now, on perfmon, I mainly want to monitor CPU and Memory usage in depth. I can use Task manager also but it does not provide detailed information.

Can Perfmon provide detailed information individual process wise CPU and memory utilization.

How can I monitor performance continuously thru Perfmon? Any detailed usage will be helpful.

Thanks,

Sam
    ------------------------

Hey!!! What happened to you guys?

No reply !!!!@#$%^&*()_+

Holiday Mood?

Plz...............
    Sam
    ------------------------

this is a forum not a classroom ok?

Dear Pando,

No, That is not OK.

I have posted the general Oracle database performance monitoring on NT related question and that is quite fare.

OK?

I still need an answer to my queries if some one is monitoring Oracle performance on NT with the help of PERFMON utility.

Pl. do not discourage genuine posts in future.

Sam
    ------------------------

Originally posted by samdba

Hey!!! What happened to you guys?

No reply !!!!@#$%^&*()_+

You have to remember one thing over here. This is only a voluntary forum and not a subscription site. So, we cannot expect the answers to come HOT HOT!!. So be patient. It could also be a case that you subject of post had not been ventured by many, on such cases you got to give some time for those who were willing to try and pass their comments.

So, pl. don't take the Pando's post as a discouragement and also don't expect a hot answer!!

I personally have not played with the tool as I have become more confortable on using the views to get a better result sets rather than depending on the GUI. I would only be in a position to pass some comments after this week-end, after playing with this.

If you are so desperate for the answers, then you have to work on it by reading the documentations and help sites and also doing some research on the web. Otherwise pay for your metalink subscription and get the oracle support!

We participate here out of our interest and not by our duty!

So, don't get discouraged but be patient.

Cheers
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

samdba why we would have to answer your question? we do this for personal interests we want/can answer what we want to answer

get real this is a forum, if you want a answer from someone in 2 days phone your oracle support

I do not see any advantages of using the tool that you mentioned. It was just a meer NT CPU monitor which doesn't give you of much information on what is causing that and where exactly the problem lies. In stead I would advice you to use OEM's performance monitor or Third party tools like TODE or so.

I tried it and couldn't make head of tail on it. If you are so interested in using it, then the experience and pain is yours

Good luck

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam