DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Network Administration

Hi there.

WooHoo passed my Network Administration exam yesterday (4 of 5) only Performance Tuning to go.

I didn't go on the NA course, therefor didn't have the proper course manuals, however I used "Exam Cram Oracle8 DBA: Network Administration" by Barbara Ann Pascavage.

I found this book excellent, it covered everything I needed to know to pass the exam (I got 94%)

I did loads and loads of studying but in the end the exam was fairly straight forward - I didn't detect any trick questions as long as you read everything fully.

My exam concentrated very heavily on Server Side Configuration and Client Side Configuration (10 question each).

Hope this will be of some help to someone.

Kind Regards and good luck to everyone else

Alison

Congrats Alison,
    How many fill-in-the-blanks did you get?

Only about 2, and even then there were answers in the list that were obviously wrong. I was very surprised about how easy I found this exam - although I was "very" well prepared.

The section I found most difficult was MTS.

There was also a large concentration of parameter questions such as

"In which file would you find the NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH parameter"

A. SQLNET.ORA

I would advise anyone else doing this exam to know your various config files,
    i.e init.ora, names.ora, tnsname.ora, listener.ora
    And what is in each.

Also a good technique I found was discount the wrong answers first and if your really stuck mark it and carry on, sometimes the answers are in later questions.

Regards

Alison

I also missed something on MTS, although I thought I was very well prepared on MTS, I like the MTS questions a lot. However, I answered all listener questions and from all the client side and server side questions, I missed only one. I did use only 1 book for that exam: Oracle's own ILT. And I had the Couchman's questions.