DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take 9i PL/SQL test online!

Did you guys know that you can take the 9i PL/SQL test online from anywhere? What kind of ****e is that? I've been studying my arse off for PL/SQL for 8i and 9i people get to use whatever resources they have on hand to find the answer?

Its not a huge deal, but if I blow $125 because of a trick question or two and these other people can reference things for the tricky questions, I don't see how that is right.

I'm not looking for a shortcut because I want to know PL/SQL well enough, but it just doesn't seem right.

Angry

Your right I just check on http://oracle.prometric.com/
    "This test does not require a proctor sign-in (test supervisor). "

and the test now cost $90.00

I am going to e-mail prometric and confirm this via e-mail

I hope that's not the case. Having the test given online would only help to disgrace the program and the achievement.
    Jeff Hunter

hi guys
    actually the way i understood it was that u can take the exam online, but that isnt the final one, its just similar to the final and gives you a 'real' exam like questions........but for u to pass the pl/sql exam, you got take it at prometric.
    thats wat i read, correct me.

Here is the link and the text

It IS the real test. Here is the link and the text.

http://www.oracle.com/education/cert...l?testreg.html

Registering for Oracle Certification Exams Just Keeps Getting Easier!
    Oracle University has partnered with Prometric Testing to insure the highest quality delivery for your exams with the least amount of hassle.
    New! Online Testing for Exam #1Z0-007, Oracle9i: Introduction to SQL
    Please note that the first exam for the new Oracle9i Database Associate and the Oracle9i Certified Professional Database Administrator tracks is now available online. This means that now you can take this first exam from anywhere with an internet connection of at least 33kps, although 56kps is recommended. Internet exam delivery in English currently supports Internet Explorer IE 4 and above, and Netscape 4.x. We do not recommend the use of Netscape 5.x or 6.x. Internet exam delivery in languages other than English supports IE 5 and above, and Netscape 4.x. The price of this exam is only $90 US as compared to the normal rate of $125 US. We hope that you will find this online exam a beneficial starting point for your certification on Oracle9i through its added 24/7 accessibility and lower cost.
    For more information or to take this exam, Click here.
    Registering for Exams at Authorized Prometric Testing Centers

New Online Registration allows candidates to schedule exams at any time using the world wide web. Please visit the Prometric Registration web site at http://www.2test.com to get started! For more information on this process, please visit our Online Registration Tutorial Page.

Telephone Registration is available in all locations worldwide during local business hours.

If you are located in North America, please simply dial our toll free registration line at 1.800.891.EXAM (800.891.3926).
    If you are outside of North America, please visit our listing of International Telephone Registration Centers.

To find a testing center near you, please visit our Test Center Locator Page

If you are disabled and require special assistance when completing your exam, call Prometric at 1.800.443.1684. This office can answer questions about what accommodations can be made for people with disabilities.
    Exam Prices
    The price for exam 1Z0-007 is 90 US Dollars over the internet and in Authorizied Prometric Testing Centers. The price for all other Oracle Certification exams is equivalent to 125 US Dollars, plus any local taxes. Exam fees are payable to Prometric at the time of scheduling your exam appointment. Prometric accepts payment by credit card only (Mastercard, Visa and American Express). If you are paying by an Oracle Certification Voucher, supply the voucher number online or to the Prometric Customer Service Representative. If you are entitled to an Oracle Certification discount, you must supply the Oracle Promotional Code at the time you schedule your testing appointment online or by telephone.
    Veterans/GI Bill Reimbursement Program
    All eligible veterans as well as their spouses and children can receive reimbursement for their OCP exam fees through the GI Bill and Dependents Educational Assistance reimbursement programs. Click here to view the list of approved exams.
    Fill out the "Application for Licensing and Certification Testing Fee Reimbursement" form and send to the Department of Veterans Affairs. All details are listed on the reimbursement form.
    Time Considerations for Completing Your Certification
    Candidates are NOT required to pass all the exams required within the Oracle Certification track they are pursuing within a set time. However, candidates must wait 30 days before retaking an exam. There are no exceptions to this restriction.
    When an Oracle Certification track retires, candidates pursuing the track are given at least 6 months from the Retirement Announcement to complete the exams required. At this time there are plans to retire only the Oracle8 exams on March 31, 2002. Click here for all the details regarding the Oracle Certification Oracle8 Retirement.
    Get Ready, Get With It, Get Certified!

Originally posted by shagymoe
    Did you guys know that you can take the 9i PL/SQL test online from anywhere.
    You mean the 9i SQL, right? Yes, you can take it online. 9i PL/SQL has not come yet, it will be a practicum exam meant for the Oracle Certified Master degree.

Originally posted by julian

You mean the 9i SQL, right? Yes, you can take it online. 9i PL/SQL has not come yet, it will be a practicum exam meant for the Oracle Certified Master degree.

[/B]
    Yes, I meant 9i SQL. I don't get what you are saying about the practice exam though.

First of all everybody should note that PL/SQL is not been tested in this exam (9i SQL). If you guys compare the test content checklist between 1Z1-007 Introduction to Oracle9i:SQL and 1Z0-001 Introduction to oracle SQL & PL/SQL.... PL/SQL is not there for the 9i exam.

So, if you are through with SQL you can take this exam & this is a real exam you can take it at your work/home at your convenience.

Also as a devil's advocate, what's wrong with this concept. you are taking the exam for the same time but un-supervised. If you are going to cheat, its the cheater who can't progress in the next exam (DBA Fundamentals I). Ofcourse can't do his job @ his/her workplace if he dont learn the concepts. I dont think the OCP program is downgraded by doing this.

So Good luck guys !!!

Sree
    sree_ora@hotmail.com

Originally posted by sree_ora

Also as a devil's advocate, what's wrong with this concept. you are taking the exam for the same time but un-supervised. If you are going to cheat, its the cheater who can't progress in the next exam (DBA Fundamentals I). Ofcourse can't do his job @ his/her workplace if he dont learn the concepts. I dont think the OCP program is downgraded by doing this.
    Please. Especially in SQL there are so many questions that are presented as syntax errors or undefined functions. What would be the point if you could just open up a book or try it on your test db?
    Jeff Hunter

Ya, I see your point marist89 but from my perspective, I think we should move on trying new standards.

I think, in this new process only ORACLE has a big benefit since they get huge $$$ since anybody can take it anywhere

Sree