jobs slow on oracle db? Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: jobs slow on oracle db?

Hybrid View

Hello All

I have a big problem with slow oracle jobs on our production db, about a month ago, daily updates to a table started slowing up. By this i mean that they used to run every morning and be updated by around 9.30, but now they dont finish completion till 2.00 - 3.00,

The Loads have not increased in size?
    I query the V$Transaction, & check the User_jobs views, there is noting in the V$transaction, and the user_jobs shows up as having run w/o any difficulties,

in the session menu there are circa 50 sessions, with mostly inactive or killed status? Is this slowing progress? If so how do i get rid of these completely?

I am really confused, any ideas on what else i could check?

Any help is as always greatly appreciatated..

Carpe Diem

You have to see all select, insert or update in this program to database and see if anyone is very slowly. I had a similar problem because a table have not an index and when the table was very large one select was very slowly.

Sounds like a basic tuning job. 80% of performance problems are with the poorly written queries. Trace the session and see what tkprof says...
    Jeff Hunter
    Get Firefox!
    "I pledge to stop eating sharks fin soup and will not do so under any circumstances."

Thanks for the help, i'll check these out..
    Carpe Diem