unsychronized datafile and control file
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: unsychronized datafile and control file

My database was in NOARCHIVEDLOG mode and I did a closed backup by copying all the datafiles, control file, and parameter file to a different location. Howerver, I forgot to copy a datafile called scott.ora. I make some changes to a table stored in user01.ora and intentionally "damaged" the datafile user01.ora to test out the backup procedure. So I restored all the datafiles and control file to the original location. Howerver, since scott.ora was not backed up, scott.ora has a different/later SCN. When I did a startup, it complains:

ORA-01122: database file 7 failed verification check
    ORA-01110: data file 7: 'F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\TEST\SCOTT.ORA'
    ORA-01207: file is more recent than controlfile - old controlfile

Does anybody know how to recover from this kind of situation completely, if possible?

You can't. You're in noarchivelog mode.
    Jeff Hunter
    Get Firefox!
    "I pledge to stop eating sharks fin soup and will not do so under any circumstances."

You can not recover from this situation, however, if datafile that you lost is not critical you could try to build a control file from a trace (assuming that have a trace of controlfile) and do not reference 'F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\TEST\SCOTT.ORA' .
    Of cource a bunch of objects will be invalid , but some rest of them will be O'k.
    Give it a try, you do not have anything to lose anyway.
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!