1.Is it possible to clone a DB with Hot backups!
If yes,what are the detailed steps please!
Thanks & Regards,
Yes, the steps are the same as in cold backup:
1. Copy files to the same or other path(is change the path, you shall change parameters control files in the init.ora and make alter database rename file 'XXXXX' to 'New Path'
2. Open the database.
Hope that helps
Sure, you can do it.
1. place tablespace in backup mode
2. copy datafiles to new host, same location
3. take tablespace out of backup mode
4. repeat for all tablespaces
5. copy archived redo logs to new host
6. backup controlfile and copy to new host
7. on new host, recover database using backup controlfile
This is quite easy if you use RMAN
You do not have to copy the datafiles at the 'same' location on dest server/disk. If the absolute path names are not same, you can always create a control file and then recover the db.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width