1. Copy files to the same or other path(is change the path, you shall change parameters control files in the init.ora and make alter database rename file 'XXXXX' to 'New Path'
2. Open the database.
Sure, you can do it.
1. place tablespace in backup mode
2. copy datafiles to new host, same location
3. take tablespace out of backup mode
4. repeat for all tablespaces
5. copy archived redo logs to new host
6. backup controlfile and copy to new host
7. on new host, recover database using backup controlfile