DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: interview ques?

Question

i've passed all of dba tests.soon i'll be going for interviews.does anyone have experience regarding dba interviews.thank you all.

Hi.

I work freelance so I do loads of interviews. I would estimate that about 90% of questions I'm asked relate to performance tuning and version upgrades. These are the things that people seem most afraid of so they tend to ask lots of questions. Depending on who's interviewing you questions about backup and recovery are popular. I suppose it depends on the type of work you are looking for.

Most of the time the interviewer knows far less than you so keep cool and look confident.

Good luck.

Tim...

I would estimate that about 90% of questions I'm asked relate to performance tuning and version upgrades.
    Version upgrades :-) Gee, that's so important!

Hi.

I'm only saying what I see. I just do what I'm told and answer the questions I'm asked

If people are scared to upgrade their DBs I'll gladly do it. Easy money!

Cheers

Tim...

One thing that is quite common in the city I live in is demonstrated expertise during the interview.

Example: You may be asked to create a new user and assign them specific privileges or change a columns data type that contains data.

Before you go on the interview you should try and obtain some information on the interview process the company uses.

Gee,
    OCP 8i DBA

Smile

hi everyone,

thanks for comments.........appreciated.