I deinstalled Oracle 8.1.7 recently,now i am planning to install again on the same machine win2000/enterprise edition.i have deleted the oracle directory/software in regristery aslo disabled listener in the services, what else should be done ,before installing.
If you have already installed Oracle software, use Oracle Database Configuration Assistant to delete all current instances. Make sure that the necessary services are started in Control Panel Services before doing this.
2. Stop all Oracle-related services in the Services control panel.
3. Deinstall all Oracle products, using the appropriate installers.
4. Delete all Oracle software directories, including the inventory files in the C:\PROGRAM FILES\ORACLE directory.
Checking the Registry
How to Check Registry Entries
1. Select Start > Run, enter REGEDIT, and click OK.
2. At the Windows NT Registry Editor, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE registry item.
3. Delete the ORACLE key.
4. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Services registry item.
5. Delete all keys that begin with ORACLE.
6. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
Application registry item.
7. Delete all keys that begin with ORACLE.
8. Repeat steps 5 through 8 for any other ControlSet references in your register that contain ORACLE keys.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width