DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import Problem

Solution

Hi Venu, 4th Dec 2001 16:10 hrs Mumbai

1)You have to create a User for Putting all types like objects etc. for eg create a user ORATYPES.

2)Second use always types reference from ORATYPES user.For eg you have a user called ORAUSE.

From here(ORAUSE) you can reference the types as ORATYPES.TYPE_NAME

3)Now while you export you have to export both user ORATYPES and ORAUSE which will not cause any problem.

Regarding your Question on TOID_NOVALIDATE

here are the explanation as Per Oracle DOCUMENTATION
    ======================================

The Import parameter TOID_NOVALIDATE, which allows you to cause Import to omit validation of object types (used typically when the types were created by a cartridge installation)

TOID_NOVALIDATE
    Default: none

When you import a table that references a type, but a type of that name already exists in the database, Import attempts to verify that the preexisting type is, in fact, the type used by the table (rather than a different type that just happens to have the same name).

To do this, Import compares the type's unique identifier (TOID) with the identifier stored in the export file. Import will not import the table rows if the TOIDs do not match.

In some situations, you may not want this validation to occur on specified types (for example, if the types were created by a cartridge installation). You can use the TOID_NOVALIDATE parameter to specify types to exclude from TOID comparison.

The syntax is as follows:

toid_novalidate=([schemaname.]typename [, ...])

For example:

imp scott/tiger table=foo toid_novalidate=bar
    imp scott/tiger table=foo toid_novalidate=(fred.type0,sally.type2,type3)

If you do not specify a schemaname for the type, it defaults to the schema of the importing user. For example, in the first preceding example, the type "bar" defaults to "scott.bar".

The output of a typical import with excluded types would contain entries similar to the following:

[...]
    . importing IMP3's objects into IMP3
    . . skipping TOID validation on type IMP2.TOIDTYP0
    . . importing table "TOIDTAB3"
    [...]

Note: When you inhibit validation of the type identifier, it is your responsibility to ensure that the attribute list of the imported type matches the attribute list of the existing type. If these attribute lists do not match, results are unpredictable.
    ==========

I hope now you should be very clear on all Points if not please raise your doubts in this Thread.

I really Appreciate your keen interest and follow up in knowing things.We should thank dbasupport.com for this providing a platform in sharing knowledge.

Cheers

Padmam

[Edited by padmam on 12-04-2001 at 06:15 AM]
    Attitude:Attack every problem with enthusiasam ...as if your survival depends upon it

Smile

If you don't mind can you explain with one example.

But It would not solve my current problem.

Thanks for reply.
    Venkateshwarlu.K

Follow up

Hi, 4th Dec 2001 20:17 hrs Mumbai

I am really sorry at Enron my client place i have oracle 8.0.5.1.1 with Object option not installed.I have only partitioning option installed.

If you want a example no problem in practically putting some thing here and explaining what Mr.Abu explained.

I would really appreciate if you could try on your DB with a 2 users.

One user named as ORATYPE and another called as ORAUSE.

Crate types in the ORATYPE and refer the types created in this user for tables in ORAUSE which uses Object types.

If finally required i can do to you at the weekend installing a dummy DB here and explaining the same with eg.

Meanwhile we will request some one in this forum to join you to explain practically.

Cheers

Padmam
    Attitude:Attack every problem with enthusiasam ...as if your survival depends upon it