I've cleared Arch & Admin paper, scored 57 of 64.
I would like to thank all of you for the inputs that you have
been pouring into this forum. Could any one of you tell me as
to which one of the two exams [ Backup & Recovery , Performance Tuning ] should I prepare next ?
Oracle Certified DBA - 8i
Congratulations! I am taking AA next week, do you have any feedback that you care to share (preparation, material that you found helpful etc. )
I used Oracle Education material and Oracle 8i DBA Certification Exam Guide
by Couchman and Ulrike Schwin. This book is from Oracle Press and it's worth every
penny you pay for it. STS would be a good platform to test your knowledge.
Here are a few questions which I could recall, this might help you to get a
feel of exam.
1) Which is part of Oracle Instance ?
buffer cache & CKPT
2) which is part of Oracle Database ?
datafile & Redolog file
3) when are data dictionary tables created ?
When you create a database.
4) Two ways to open a database ?
Startup open & alter database open
5) Two views that can be accessed when database is in nomount state ?
V$SGA & V$INSTANCE
6) which view doesn't contain an owner column ?
views starting with USER_
7) Information on different sections of a control can be obtained
from which view ?
8) Which 2 files need to be multiplexed ?
Control file and Redolog file
9) Views to obtain info about current redolog group and all the redo
groups in the database ?
V$THREAD & V$LOG
10) How do you force a Logswitch ?
ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE
12) Datablock is placed in free list when USEDSPACE falls BELOW, PCTUSED
13) what is Redo log file used for ?
To record all the changes made to the data.
14) In a particular company, 32 people work. Each person performs a
single transaction on the database. The environment is similar to
to that of OLTP. How many rollback segments would you allocate
as a DBA ?
8 Rollback segments.
HINT: For every 4 Transactions assign 1 rollback segment in a OLTP environment
15) Default value for minextents in rollback segs ?
16) which Index would you use to spread update across entire
index tree ?
Reverse key index.
17) which views would you query to obtain info about constraint status
and column name on which constrint exists ?
DBA_CONSTRINTS & DBA_CONS_COLUMNS
All the very best for your Exam
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width