DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4031 encountered

Angry

!hello

When i try to EXPORT FULL DATABASE
    this error is come i was unable to understand what to do i try a lot to make it corry but no use.
    even i change the SHARED_POOL SIZE and i see but no use.
    Please it a correct ANS.

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4031 encountered
    ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4032 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","oracle/aurora/rdbms/DbmsJavaSYS","joxlod: in ehe","ioc_allocate_pal")
    EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

you have to check

v$shared_pool_reserved
    shared_pool_reserved_size
    _shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc
    probably your shared_pool_reserved_size is fragmentaTED that si why no matter how big is your shared pool you still face same problem

if that was the case you have to increase shared_pool_reserved_size or increase _shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc to a larger value so the object that is causing the problem will be pinned in shared pool instead of reserved space in shared pool

Originally posted by pando
    you have to check

v$shared_pool_reserved
    shared_pool_reserved_size
    _shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc
    probably your shared_pool_reserved_size is fragmentaTED that si why no matter how big is your shared pool you still face same problem

if that was the case you have to increase shared_pool_reserved_size or increase _shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc to a larger value so the object that is causing the problem will be pinned in shared pool instead of reserved space in shared pool
    Check that shared_pool_reserved_size is about 10% of shared_pool_size. You a probabbly interested in what is _shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc, right?

In Oracle 7.3, paged PL/SQL was introduced. Then majority of the chuncks in the shared pool became less than 5000 bytes. However we have chucks greater than 5000K. So, it is almost meaningless to search the free lists and the LRU lists in the shared pool for chuncks larger than 5000K. No sense!

For that reason, Oracle reserves part of the shared pool for those large chucks (large = greater than 5000K). Oracle defaults this area to 5% of our shared pools. But if you are Pando :-) or someone who knows that stuff, you may ajust _shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc to a differenet value.

But there is no much point of doing that. Why? Because the small chuncks would never go to the reserved pool and the large ones never go to the rest of the shared pool. Well, except on startup :-)

Remember that the free memory of the reserved shared pool is not included on the general free litss. It has its own list.