DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Unable to connect Enterprise Manager Console @ win 2000

I've installed Oracle8i into a windows 2000 Server which is joined in a domain (eg ABC). An error occurs when starting the console (VTK-1000:Unable to connect to the management server oradb.Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server. )

I've done the following :-
    1. Logout the server out of the domain & login as Administrator to its own domain.
    2. Exclude "SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)" @ sqlnet.ora file
    3. Set the Local Security Policy to include the administrator @ "log on as a service"
    4. Change the OracleOraHome81ManagementServer Service account to this administrator
    5. Reboot the server
    6. Manually start the service but still not able to

Can anyone advise what other steps should I do ?

Have you created a repository for the Management Server? If you haven't, you need to go to the Configuration Manager and create a repository first.

Of course, I've built the repository. Thanks.

Is this your fresh install or an exisiting install. If it were of a fresh install, then what was the user name and password you were using? In the mean time make sure that you had started the intelligent agent too...

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Yes, it is a fresh installation. The user name and password is the default one (ie sysman & oem_temp)

I've started all the necessary services like inteliigent agent, ClientCache, DataGatherer, TNSlistener, DB

Did you start the management server?

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

re:

thats right you must first start the management server before any thing else. I had the same problem at some point I had to resort to reinstalling the OEM again. could you also place what error you get when you try starting the server
    thanks

As mentioned, I had manually start the management service but not able to and was given an internal error.

When starting the console, the error is (VTK-1000:Unable to connect to the management server oradb.Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server. )

I've also look at the "oms.nohup" file and found that the error is "Error starting Oracle Management Server. VXA-2020 : Error encountered when service [vdp] attempted to export its servicesOEMCTRL for Windows 2000
    Starting the Oracle Management Server... [main][2001-11-22:12:59:55:390] VdbSession.processError: errorCode >1017< [main][2001-11-22:12:59:55:390] VdbSession.processError: errorMsg >ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied<
    [main][2001-11-22:12:59:55:390] ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied : ..../....@jdbcracleci8:@XYZ
    [main][2001-11-22:12:59:55:390] VdbSession.processError: invalid connect string

VXA-2018 :
    Unable to connect to OMS registry serviceoracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException: at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.startServices(VxaAppServer.java:1353) at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:2547) Error starting Oracle Management Server.