DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing Personal Oracle 8i on Win98

Has anyone had experience installing Personal Oracle 8i on Win98? I couldn't locate a sample init.ora file. I was expecting an oraadmin folder but it wasn't created. Any good url where I can find information about creating and configuring a database using Personal Oracle 8i.

Thanks in advance.

Joyce

Arrow

I looked at that stuff, yesterday, but I didn't download it. I did notice, however, that there are three downloadable PDF docs for Personal Oracle 8i, one of which was an installation guide, which should explain the answer to your question.

Thanks for the information. Would let you know how I get on.

Did you install from CD or download? I have downloaded Personal Oracle8i (psoracle81798.zip) and extracted to a directory. Its a jumble of ~1400 files. When I start autorun.exe, it needed setup.exe in a directory, then when I built that it needed jrew.exe in a directory, which when I did that did not accept it.

Has anyone else installed Personal Oracle8i on Windows98 from the download? Am I missing something that was on the CD, i.e. directories? I have read the install guide, which looks like it comes with the CD. No help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    ImCA
    Calgary, Alberta
    Canada