Using Couchman Oracle 8i Upgrade Exam Cd on XP Pro Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Using Couchman Oracle 8i Upgrade Exam Cd on XP Pro

Thumbs down

Has anyone been able to use the CD that accompanies the Jason Couchman book "Oracle Certified Professional Oracle 8i Upgrade Exam Guide" on the XP Pro Operating System. I tried installing the CD on my new PC which has XP Pro installed on it. It seemed to install all right, but when I launch the program, it complained that it couldn't find the exam to be loaded. However, when I tried to do the same thing on a PC that has Windows 98 on it, I had no problem. I tried calling McGraw hill and right now there are no plans to upgrade the software.

Has anyone found a work-around so that it will work on XP Pro?

Hello, sweet dear, I asked the related question to some of my friends, and it appears that the answer is no. Xp supposedly is legacy free, dos free, is a subset of window 2000. I really wish these people state more explicitly which platform and which version of platform works with which version of the software. I tried to install PC ORACLE 8i 8.1.6 on windows 98, the installer stated that the installaton complete, but when I tried to get in SQL*PLUS using scott, tiger or system, manager it kept repeating protocol adaptor error, I found out 12 hour later, it only works with upgrade version of 98. I guess we live and learn.

Trying to remain objective, since one can always be wrong.....without knowing it at the moment.