DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TNS/ Sql+ Problem

Hybrid View

Angry

I have oracle personal server edition setup on a windows 2k pro laptop. Whilst setup as a workgroup it is possible to use the database and connect via sql+. When i change from workgroup to a domain it will not connect any more. I have tried changing the tnslistener file to all sorts of configurations but it refuses to work. I have also done exactly the same thing with 2kserver running oracle 8i and this works fine. The server also acts as domain controller and dns server. I have tried changing to ip address and putting in the full DNS name and this hasn`t worked either. Any Ideas?

Sounds like a networking/routing problem when you are logged into your domain.
    Is your local IP in your hosts file?
    When you are connected to the network, can you ping the IP number used in your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora?
    Can you tnsping your alias when you are logged into the domain?
    Jeff Hunter

Exclamation

The problem definately lies in the oracle configuration. Everything is pinging ok (All IP addresses and TNS listeners ping fine) When using sql + the error message say about unknown realm which to me seems like it is still looking for the database in workgroup and not the domain.