DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle Spatial

I have create an index and this index on this column. This column's datatype is MDSYS.SDOGEMOMETRY (domain Index) which cause my index fall in SYSTEM tablespace. I have two questions:
    1. Why it default my index to SYSTEM tablespace
    2. If I try to rebuild this index I got this error

ORA-02327: cannot create index on expression with datatype ADT

thanks

gees how about reading some docu if you are seriously into oracle stuffs, or at least query data dictionary, it´s simple

select username, default_tablespace, temporary_tablespace
    from dba_users

becausde MDSYS default tablespace is system!

Pando,

I do know that MDSYS is system tablespace, first of all, do you know how Oracle spatial work ??? Do you know how the MDSYS control those index tablespace ???
    You answer is so irrelevant since everybody know MDSYS is default to system tablespace. You don't have to give me that attitude if you feel I need to read the doc.

Any way, Thanks for your help but please be and respect someone when they posted their questions in here.

I do not know how spatial works and I dont need to because if you create an index and you do NOT specify the tablespace it will create in your default tablespace, I just say that if you are really into Oracle you should start read some docs because this is really a very *basic* question

Samething hapens with your analyze question, if you take some time and read SQL reference you will know what is analyze for and what are the meaning of each clause and why you have to analyze, simply all the infos are there!

Not mentioning you INDEXES NEEDED question gees

[Edited by pando on 11-05-2001 at 06:40 PM]

Mike,
    If you're into demographic information projects, then probably oracle spatial can lead you to it. And yet I can assure you that you still need 3rd party softwares that cater this kind projects such as MAPINFO, INFOVIEWs,etc. Basically this is used for regional studies/surveys such as population info, or sort of. Data are represented through graphics/maps.

For MDSYS using SYSTEM tablespace, it doesn't have to be that way. Remember that only SYS and perhaps SYSTEM(some DBAs) should use the SYSTEM tablespace. So before the sql for SPATIAL scripts runs, default tablespace for MDSYS must be altered to other tablespace.

Keep it cool.