DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Free Oracle9i Upgrade Training for Certified Oracle8i DBAs!

Talking

This was on Oracle Educaiton's web site
    http://oracle.com/education/certific...ml?ocpoow.html

Is anyone going to this?

Get your skills up to date with the FREE Oracle9i Exam Cram Program available only for Oracle8i Certified OCPs attending OOW San Francisco December 2 -7, 2001.

The program will be offered at no charge and includes live training with seasoned Oracle9i instructors and experts. The training will focus on giving you the updates and skills you need to support the Oracle9i Database as well as prep for the OCP Oracle9i Database migration exam, available onsite for just $50 US (normally $125 US). There will also be a chance to prepare before the event online. As each pre-registered attendee will gain access to Oracle9i Database New Features Training and OCP migration prep on the Oracle Learning Network.

The new OCP Oracle9i Database: New Features for Administrators exam will be launched onsite at OOW. Be among the first in the world to get certified on Oracle9i Database, at a 60% discount! All Oracle8i OCPs who pass their upgrade exam at OOW will be recognized in a special event at the OTN party which is designed to endorse you as the first certified Oracle9i DBAs in the world.

To receive onsite testing information at OOW San Francisco and how to receive pre-conference OLN training, please send an email to: ocp_us@oracle.com. Put "Oracle9i upgrade at OOW" in your subject line, and your contact information in your message. We will reply with registration details as they become available.

I find these announcments sort of amusing. Save 60 US dollars or 40% of the price :-) Big deal. At least in Europe a company does not care very much if the exam (resp. an ILT course) costs $150 (resp. 2000$) or half of that. Usually the projects these companies are involved in are in the vicinity of millions, so saving 100$ or even 1000$ on the skills of an employee is peanuts.

On the other hand, if somebody wants to pay Oracle from his own private pocket, a save is a save. But I don't suggest anyone paying Oracle from his own money.