DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DB problem when restart the machine

DB = 8.1.7
    OS = 2000 pro
    Everything is on my laptop

1- I have installed 8.1.7 created the DB and configured OEM it worked fine, Then I shut down my machine, then rebooted I started the Tnslistner it starts fine, I started the ora8i service it starts just fine but when I tried to connect to DB from DOS or SQL*PLUS i get following error

ORA-01034 Oracle not avaiable
    ORA-27101 shared memory realm does not exist

2- I have cleand out the DB re-created it, it worked fine then I shut down the machine rebooted same problem accured.

3- Deleted DB that I created, un-installed Oracle software, reinstalled Oracle Software that created pre-configured DB, it worked fine, but again when I shut down and re boot machine I get same error.

What could be the problem here?

Thanks in Advance

When you reboot the system, check the services panel to make sure that ORACLE is up. I have seen 'lsnrctl' start and stop it's service, but the rest of the database needs to be started either automatically (settings in the service panel) or manually (again through the panel or with 'net start' from the command line.

Depending on the available services, you may still need to go into SQL*PLUS as sysdba and start the specific instance.

If you still have problems, look into the OS permissions for the Oracle account and the one you are using.
    Joseph R.P. Maloney, CSP,CDP,CCP
    'The answer is 42'

Make sure tha your ORACLE_HOME had been set correctly. Then reconfirm that the listener file is pointing to the correct directory. Make sure your ORACLE_SID had been set correctly.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

I have tried services by shuting down and restarting Manualy and Autometicaly but same problem.

Make sure your database is running. Some times starting just service not necessarily start database. Start it manually and try.

Kishore
    Thanks
    Kishore Kumar

Oracle bug in 8.1.7. Oracle bug number 1397927. The fix is to comment out the line SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) in the SQLNET.ORA file in oracle_home/network/admin

Also, you may to do a shutdown abort on the instance, followed by a shutdown immediate. I had to play with svrmgr and stopping services before everything worked fine.

First of all check your ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and etc have been set correctly?

Then try starting the server through the server manager...

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Thanks mvander it worked.