DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Basic question SQL Worksheet in Oracle 8.1.*

In Oracle 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 I have SQL*Plus and SQL*Plus worksheet but I do not have Oracle SQL worksheet which I have on Oracle 8.0.6.
    Did they take out this utility ?

Both SQL*Plus and SQL*Plus worksheet in Oracle 8.1.7 do not have a column formatted after you execute the query. In other words it gives one line of column name then one line of data then again column name and so on...like before it used to show one line of column name list and then below it data requested.

Before -

SQLWKS> select USER_INT_ID, USER_ID, USER_FULL_NAME from mwebuser where rownum<5
    2>
    USER_INT_I USER_ID USER_FULL_NAME
    ---------- -------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 admin Administrator
    337 sg180 Gagliese, Suzanne
    11 ADMIN Chow, Alex
    12 sj100 Jackson, Shelley
    4 rows selected.

Now -
    ---------- -------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 admin Administrator
    337 sg180 Gagliese, Suzanne
    11 ADMIN Chow, Alex
    12 sj100 Jackson, Shelley

Is their any way to get this SQL*Plus worksheet to work more like SQL Worksheet.

Thanks
    Sonali
    Sonali

See SQLPLUS SET PAREMETERS:

set linesize XXX
    set pagesize XXX
    column CCCCC format FFFFF

and many others for format input in SQLPLUS

So that means we have lost the old worksheet and now we just have SQL plus in oracle 8.1.7.

Do I have to set these parameters everytime I query tables and/or everytime I log on to SQL*PLUS worksheet ?

thanks
    Sonali

Yes, you can set this parameteres on any time.

Originally posted by Shestakov
    Yes, you can set this parameteres on any time.
    Or you can put them in your sqlplus\admin\glogin.sql file and SQL*Plus will set them for you every time you start it.

And I think SQL*Plus Worksheet is a POS as well. I have no idea why Oracle changed the SQL Worksheet.

You should be able to install SQL Worksheet, it is just not a default during installation. Run again Universal Insaller and select only SQL Worksheet.