DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-12535

Exclamation

Hi Guys,

Again i am with my problem. anyway i just install oracle 9i on my windows xp os and i created database but i can not able to connect with database useing sql*pluse.it comeing up with error like ORA-12535 connection time out. i also change my host name under tnsname.ora and listner.ora with my ip address but after that it comes with ORA-12514 service_name not resoleve with listner.ora. i am now confused is there any thing i am missing or there is different way to set net connection for database in oracle 9i. i am relatevely new with 9i. please help me out.

Thanks

Minesh
    Circumstances do not rise to meet our expectation. Embrace what you actually get. Open your eyes. See things for what they really are Thereby sparing yourself the pain of false attachements.

For 12514
    Check to make sure the SERVICE_NAME specified in the connect descriptor is correct.

Ensure the database instance is running. If the instance not running, start it so that it can register with the listener. You can use the Listener Control utility SERVICES command to see what services are currently registered with the listener.

I can not find error 12535, make sure that you have put the correct error code.

Lightbulb

Anytime I had a problem like this it was becuase the parameters in the Listener.ora did not match the tnsnames.ora.
    The one that gets me is usually (port = 1234) compare that with the listener file.

MH

irehman here is the error.

ORA-12535 TNSperation timed out

Cause: The requested connection could not be completed within the timeout period specified by the CONNECT_TIMEOUT parameter in LISTENER.ORA. This error arises from the TNSLSNR.

Action: Either reconfigure CONNECT_TIMEOUT to be 0, which means wait indefinitely, or reconfigure CONNECT_TIMEOUT to be some higher value. Or, if the timeout is unacceptably long, turn on tracing for further information.

MH

Check you listener.ora file if
    CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER=10 change it to
    CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER=0

see if that helps

ORA-12535

Guys,

I already have connection_timeout_listner=0 in listner.ora and also my database service is also started. but i am not sure how to regester service under listner.ora.I think that is the problem.i also tryed lsnrctl utility but it's not showing any service which is in tnsname.ora file. i think service is missing in listner.ora so tell me how to register service in listner.ora ans is there any parameter do i have to set in init.ora file?

Thanks