DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem in automising backupscripts

Arrow

I have prepared batch files for taking hot backup on NT environment.I have scheduled the batch files using at command on a machine where backup is to be kept.It copies the datafile from database server to the local machine.Every thing is working fine ,only problem is the batch file which is used for copying the datafiles is giving error "Access is denied" when i scheduled it, while the same is working fine if i directly execute it.It seems there is some scheduler problem ,but all other scheduled task are ok, it gives problem for copying batch file.If anyone is having any idea of the problem ,please help me.

Hi,

Pls make sure that you have specified the full path while you automate your backup scripts. It could be due to the environment settings or the path settings which is why it will works when being executed manually but not when it has been scheduled. Good Luck!

the path is ok

Thanks for the reply ,path is perfect ,the problem is when i execute the batch file ,it works ,but when i schedule it ,it is not working .

enviroment variables?

Wink

NT's scheduler (using 'AT') defaults to run as the NT local system user. This user cannot read mapped drives. You can alter the task scheduler (Win 2K) to run as a different (non-system) user. If this user has the correct permissions, it will be able to recognise mapped drives. Hope this helps........

I have tried through ,NT's task scheduler also using the administrator user ,but there also it is giving the error,
    "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password".While i used to connect this machine from the administrator user and same password which i have given in the task scheduler.

Smile

If you are getting Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password, then I suspect that someone has changed the password for the administrator account. Try this..........
    Log onto the server as administrator
    Open the Services window
    Right click on Task Scheduler
    Select the Log On tab and click This Account
    Input Administrator and the password that got you onto the server in the first place. Click OK
    This will give you the "Log on as a service" right.
    Try your 'AT' job again.............
    Let me know how you get on

Hi Horace,
    thanks for your help ,but in logon option system account radio button is ticked and this account option is greyed ,i do'nt know how to change it.

If the radio button is greyed out, this must mean that you are not actually logged on as the server administrator. Maybe you are logged on as a user with admin rights, which may not be the same thing. If you can't get the button to 'un-grey', then I don't see how we can progress the problem.........

I had this problem before. It was because the password changed.
    Double check the password in 'set password' while you schedule your job using scheduled tasks.