DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Certification Preparation

The main objective is to wire the money back to your own country. So theres a nice big stash when you get back home. Obviously living expenses while you are in the country are higher, but if you can survive on a tight budget and then get the money back, you'll do very well.

There is always time to travel around the UK/America.Europe etc, later in life, if you go O/S purely to make money you should come out of it very well.

OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

Thanks for the wonderful advice grjohnson!

The Maverick

To Julian:

What is the benefit of an Oracle Masters? Even if you are the first one in Europe to have it, does it open doors or increase your billable rate?

Off thread: Talinn is a really cool place and I have heard the Petersburg is totally awesome.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

What is the benefit? I don't really know. For me, just personal satisfaction and more Oracle knowledge :-) I would like to know as much as possibe about HA in Oracle: OPS, RAC, Standby, Advanced Replication, etc. This is what I work with everyday.

Nobody at work even knows about Oracle Master. In fact only a couple of people do really understand what OCP is. Just trying to be one step ahead :-)