DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to lock account in one day

Unhappy

I want Oracle to lock an account, one day after I change the password for a user. Does anyone know how I can do that ?

Thank you for your help.
    Fugazi...

Originally posted by fugazi
    I want Oracle to lock an account, one day after I change the password for a user. Does anyone know how I can do that ?

Why would you want to lock once after changing the password? Looks like I'm missing something. If you could give us a more clear picture, we might be able to provide some suggestion...

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

OK here the situation,

In production, we don't have the rights to give the acces to the database to all the user. So sometime, a develloper need to read the data in production. But this rights is good for just one day.

So I have a user (Ex: SCOTT) and I change the password and I give it to the develloper. The next morning I have to remove is right, so I cjange the password agin for the SCOTT account. So the develloper could'not use this account.

But I'am searching a way to do this automatically. If after one day Oracle lock the Account, this will be great. So if you have any information, please tell me how ???

Thank You for your help.
    Fugazi...

Why don't you submit a job using DBMS_JOB to change the password again 1 day later. You could put the original password change and the submitting of the DBMS_JOB into a script.

forgive me if me answer reads like to sarcastic, but an outlook reminder looks like the asnwer to your problem.

you can create this functionality in many ways, but i think the best thing to do is: use a reminder, or create a report of the new users that where created in the last 24 hours (better 3 day for weeked cases), and run it every day.

This is what I was thinking of, but I would like to know if there is a parameter in Oracle that does what I want.

But I think I will do what you told, start a DBMS_job avery morning to change the password automatically.

Thank for your help.
    Fugazi...

Hi,

You can assign a profile to that account with the parameter PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME 1;

Hope that helps!
    Regards/
    Magnus

befor you use the PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME functunality look at metalink. there are some bugs regarding this.

alter user scott account lock;

alter user scott account unlock;

Have a shell script and execute it whenever you like it.

O.K here is the deal. Follow the tamilselvan's shell script and by default set the "alter user scott account lock" everyday mornings. IF you need to give the acces to the user, unlock the account and give the access and the next day the shell script would lock the account for the user automatically.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!