DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderators are abusing their power

Well, as i've said earlier, i've no problem with the 2 rules you(Jeff) stated as long as it gets done fairly. There are endless of ways you can use you to defend what you did and there are numerous examples of posting that I can show to counter your comments. However, to be fair, we all appreciate your effort of keeping this forums online and useful to many newbies, including myself. I rest my case here.

PS: There are enuff "illegal" stuffs in this forum that both Oracle and/or STS could legally take internet.com to court to straight things out ...would they pursue this path... I don't think so...

[Edited by NDT on 10-10-2001 at 12:55 AM]

100% with Jeff!!

BTW What Jeff got rid of the posts by editing the posts is just the stuffs like

"Gime this Gime That and My Mail this"

So this is GOOD

The thing is when one starts to say give me this then a bunch follows in the same thread so the only way to stop that is by closing the thread

ALL the threads Jeff closed had comments stated above (gime this plz) so what is wrong with that? Or comments like

"I have over 5GB of Software and OCP materials for sale"

Gees if I want to post that I have about 15GB of stuffs to sell!

The forum is meant for people to discuss about the certifications and exams but when one starts to say I used all this and all that for his study then a bunch says: MAIL ME ALL THOSE FREE. What have you thought? That other people buy the stuffs and give them away for free afterwards? Come one give me a break at least ask with some education not like this folk who posted in

http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=16530

once Julian told him what materials is good for studying his post were

OK THAT IS GOOD MY MAIL IS THIS, MAIL ME ALL THAT and yes his post is literally as I am writing here, he didnt even use some education to ask for stuffs, he did such a way like people have to give him stuffs just he says so? That is why my follow up on the thread and that is why his last post is not there anymore

This is a technical discussion forum NOT a marketplace, there are much better marketplaces than this forum so folks go and try those websites and NOT here!

[Edited by pando on 10-10-2001 at 03:13 AM]

I support Jeff 100%.

Maybe he should close this thread too. :-)
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

I support Jeff 100%. He is doing a good job in closing the thread selling products or me too etc.

If some one wants to sell any thing please go to e-bay or some other site and leave this forum for technical discussions only.

OCP IP.
    -- Anurag.
    OCP Application Developer
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    "Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be afraid only of standing still."

Thumbs up

In spite of all the comments made you guys, Im glad to know that everyone here agrees that this forum is not a market place and definitely not the place for illegal software trade.

Let's continue to work together and help each. This is a great forum for technical discussion! I learn a lot here from people that i may never even personally meet in this lifetime.

Thanks DBASupport.Com !!!

The Maverick

BTW-
    Dknight, I agree with you, i think we should close this thread now.

[Edited by D Maverick on 10-10-2001 at 08:10 AM]

Jeff,

Thanks for all your help in this forum. Let's close this thread now and please ignore all of the comments by those who are not appreciated to have something like this site. You really have no time to argue or defense yourself. You have done a great job; moreover, your knowledge about Oracle is awesome. So please close this thread now and move on it's getting long again.

Thanks for your hard work, please don't be discourage b/c of those who are not living in our DBA life.

If I had the rights, I would have closed those thread even before Jeff did. Well done Jeff!

r u kidding? the mods. of this forum r tryin to keep all the $$$ for themselfs. i think we shuld openly trade study materal to help everybody...

I think this thread is becoming another "Me too" thread..kinda funny
    I thought. Well, as I've said several times within this thread, I have no
    problem with the 2 rules Jeff stated but let me ask you guys this question
    ..please answer it with a constructive opinion...
    Is it necessary for moderators to modify the content within a thread before
    they close it??...(of course there is a legal concern here)

PS: Hey pando, i forgot to thank you for answering and explaining bunch of questions that helped
    me preparing and passing the A&A exam...again,thanks for your help!!

Originally posted by ocpwannabe
    r u kidding? the mods. of this forum r tryin to keep all the $$$ for themselfs. i think we shuld openly trade study materal to help everybody...
    keep the $$$? what do you mean?