DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: import/export

Hi Everybody,
    I am facing problems in importing a dump file ...
    The Export done in v08.01.07 conventional path...now while importing the above dump file(my version is 8.1.6,NT) i am getting the follo errors...
    IMP-00069 : COULD NOT CONVERT TO ENVIRONMENT NATIONAL CHARACTER SET'S HANDLE
    IMP-00000 :IMPORT DONE IN WE8IS08859P1 CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859PI NCHAR CHARACTER SET.

But if import the same dump file in 8.1.7 the import terminated succesfully...

Is the problem is the back compatability....or i am doing somethink wrong...pls advice if anybody has gone thro the same prob...

Waiting for the replies
    thanks in advance
    pras

Hey..that is a problem with your Oracle version and it is not backward compatible. You can export from 816 and import to 817 but not viceversa.
    Can anyone confirm pls ?

Cheers

Vinit

Thanks Vinit,
    But i am still waiting for more replies for confirmation...
    thanks pras

Oracle does permit backward compatible imports as long as new features are not used. You must install the Oracle client for 8.1.7 on the 8.1.6 server and use these tools to do the import.

Or you could export from 8.1.7 using the 8.1.6 client and just import like normal on the 8.1.6 server.

(btw, when I installed the 8.1.6 client software, not all of the executables were installed an I needed to manually copy them.)
    ora_newbie@yahoo.com