DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sqlnet.ora on client ...

Hybrid View

Question

I now kind of curious to get some feed back/opinions from you folks...

Here is a scenario: In an environment which involves weblogic server, oracle client and the oracle database server. You have set the sqlnet.ora expire_time to certain limit, say 30min. Now the question is what would happen after 30min of being idle? Would you be able to connect to the database?

Remember the the sqlnet.ora is on the client.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

I thik it is a 'No'. to check that enable the dcd. Set event for trace.Dead connections are cleaned up on NT boxes only when the server is rebooted and the database is restarted(Personal experience).
    sonofsita
    http://www.ordba.net

well if you use connection pool the client would be weblogic, I think the connection in the connection pool do select sysdate from dual in an interval of time, that's what I found out when I was checking the sql stmt issued by each session

anyway if you use thin JDBC sqlnet.ora does nothing at all because the connection is not using net8, unless you use thick JDBC

I agree with your opinion folks. The reason behing this question was that at some point, I'm getting heap correuption (ORA-7445) on certaion sqlstatements. I did check for the invalid objects and notice all the objects were valid. I was wondering what could be the cause? I check one of the weblogic server logs and it stated there is a error on the connection, but doesn't seem to mention the error ORA or TNS.

But when this occours I was able to connect through the sqlplus from that server to the client, but when I get to restart the weblogic, it would pop up with the proxy error or internal error. The only way I could get over this was by bouncing the oracle and then every thing would start functioning again charmingly.

Any idea, I'm also working with oracle on this issue.

BTW, both are on Solaris 8,
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!