DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SQL Statements

1. I would like to know how to find SQL statements that are not performing well. Is there any script for this.

2. Is re-allocating indexes from one tablespace to another at the same time rebuilding them relieve space on the original tablespace.

3. If I perform a full database export and import will it compress the database and give me some good performance?
    PMS

1. I don't think there is a script for that. Check out SQLabXpert (3rd party tool by Quest Software). You can use this tool to execute SQL stmts. and will recommend changes to the SQL.
    2. Yes.
    3. Not necessarily. If your segment(s) have a excessively large # extents, it is advisable. I had read an article in the Oracle magazine that even in such a case, the performance degradation is marginal/little. Poor SQL and non-selective indexes can also cause performance degradation.

Originally posted by sunkutup
    1. I would like to know how to find SQL statements that are not performing well. Is there any script for this.
    You can check it through the V$SQLAREA view.

Have your user tables and indices analyzed. Set your optimizer mode to choose. Use bind variables in the query.....

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!