DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Snapshot refresh two times in day?

Hi all.
    Can anybody tell me how can I refresh snapshot(readonly) two or more times in every day?
    For example every day on 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM.
    (By sql*plus or Enterprise manager)
    Best Regards.

Hello Mahoori
    you can refresh your snapshot through Enterprise Manager.What u have to do is make your shedule with a time of 8 hrs so that after every 8 hrs your snapshot will be automatically refreshed.How u configured your snapshot whether it is manual or automatic,better do it automatic with a time gap,since i configured my replication with a interval of 24 hrs so that all the updates will be refreshed after working hours this i did it because of our network is very slow.When u decide how many times your snapshot to be refreshed it depends mainly on your network.
    All the best
    regards
    akhadar

Hello akhadar.
    Thank's for reply.
    I want refresh snapshot only on specific times(for example 9:00AM and 2:30 PM and 6:00 PM) no on every 3hrs or every 6 hrs.(No periodic times.)
    Best Regards.

If u want to have irregular refresh timings then u have to refresh them manually.since your shedule timings are different u cant make them automatic.So decide before going to refresh them.Better have an automatic refresh.Make a schedule and start the replication exactly at 9:00 AM and it will take care of other schedule and it will continue to do so untill u change the schedule.
    All the best
    regards
    akhadar

Hello akhadar.
    Thank's again.
    I finnaly use job scheduling in OEM(Or in OS) with DBMS_REFRESH package at specific times.
    sorry for my english!!!
    Best Regards.