I have my database in a DSS environment. Due to business rules, we have decided to go online making it a hybrid system.
Can any body give the list of likely things (including initlization parameters,etc) that I should consider changing that would help in this transformation?
Any other advise on moving from DSS to HYBRID environment would be greatly appreciated.
It is not that simple. I should see you init.ora first in order to tell you waht do do.
Here is something anyway:
1. Reduce the amount of indexes you might have. OLTP and HYBRIDS should use fewer indexes.
2. You might want to reduce the size of your RBSs if there meant only for DSS (that is big).
3. You might want to recreate your tables with higher PCTFREE. Was it close to 0 in the DSS?
4. Eliminate most of the parallel queries.
5. You might want to to give up (some of) the histogram statistics.
I also run a HYBRID, getting the balance right is difficult.
You are welcome. Has anyone from this forum switched from DSS to a HYBRID?
Originally posted by charity
Why do I have to Eliminate most of the parallel queries in the HYBRID SYSTEM?
doc id Note:39599.1 on the metalink may help you know why
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width